Popular Varieties and Custom Seed Blends
Ponderosa Ag Sales Ltd. is your premier resource for seed in the Swift Current area. Whether you’re looking for popular varieties or a custom blend, we can help. Continue reading or contact us for details.
- Our runner alfalfa is Certified #1 Creeping Rooted Alfalfa.
- Runner is a creeping rooted alfalfa, exceptionally well suited for pasture or as a hay on sandy land or in drought conditions.
- Runner alfalfa has been one of the top yielding creeping rooted varieties for pasture. On lighter land and in drier conditions, Runner has even out-yielded tap root varieties for hay.
- This crop offers superior winter hardiness
- Superior Recovery From Cutting or Grazing. Quick regrowth
- Aggressive Creeping Root. Runner shows the strongest spreading and filling
- Growth Habits very compatible with other grasses, especially Meadow Brome, thus reducing bloat hazards
Fleet Meadow Bromegrass
- This grass is the KING of pasture grasses!
- Fleet can adapt well on sandy to clay soils.
- It offers excellent growth from early spring to late fall.
- Fleet provides leafy forage which regrows very quickly.
Custom Blends Designed In-House
Ponderosa Ag Sales Ltd. custom blends are blended right on our premises using high quality seed from stock! We will custom blend ANY blend you desire right on the premises.
- 50% Cert #1 Rangelander or Runner Alfalfa
- 33% Cert #1 Carlton Smooth Brome
- 17% Cert #1 Kirk Crested
- 60% Cert #1 Rangelander or Runner Alfalfa
- 40% Cert #1 Carlton Smooth Brome
Profit Pasture (Most Popular)
- 67% Cert #1 Fleet Meadow Brome
- 27% Cert #1 Kirk Crested
- 6% Cert #1 Runner Alfalfa
- 90% Cert #1 Fleet Meadow Brome
- 10% Cert #1 Runner Alfalfa
- 40% Com #1 Tall Wheat
- 20% Cert #1 Courtney Tall Fescue
- 20% Cert #1 Beaver Alfalfa
- 20% Cert #1 Rangelander Alfalfa
- 34% Com #1 Smooth Brome
- 22% Cert #1 Courtney Tall Fescue
- 22% Cert #1 Beaver Alfalfa
- 22% Cert #1 Rangelander Alfalfa
Other Forage Seeds Available
- Meadow Brome
- Smooth Brome
- Tap & Creeping Rooted Alfalfas
- Crested Wheat
- Tall Wheat
- Russian Wild Rye
- Non-Bloat Legumes
- Cicer Milk Vetch
- Creeping Foxtail
- Slender Wheat
- Tall Fescue
- Lawn Mixes
- Saline & Slough Grasses